Work for the Peter Jones Foundation
The Peter Jones Foundation advertises specific roles as and when they are available. However, we are always open to enquiries and applications from enthusiastic and motivated individuals. We believe that having a great team and working culture is the most important ingredient in the charity’s success, and we are always looking to add to that with great people.
As an innovative and growing charity, we often have new roles and opportunities in the pipeline, from the most junior to very senior. We would love to hear from people who are passionate about improving educational opportunities for children.
Please drop us an email if you think you would be a good fit: email@example.com
Role: Programme Officer
The Programme Officer will work across all aspects of PJF’s education programmes but with a particular focus on supporting the delivery of the Tycoon Enterprise Competition. The role will play an important part in ensuring the high-quality delivery of this programme as well as a real and demonstrable impact. Reporting into the Head of Programmes, the role will also work with the marketing and communications function to increase participation in Tycoon. In addition, the Programme Officer will work to ensure opportunities for corporate partners and the charity’s network of business founders are fully realised (e.g. through mentoring) and support the Head of Programmes with managing our network of schools and colleges delivering qualifications in business, enterprise and entrepreneurship. This will involve some travel into schools and colleges across the UK and some delivery to learners.
- Organise, coordinate and manage key aspects of the annual Tycoon Enterprise Competition.
- Support the delivery of Tycoon through Tycoon.com, including managing the backend of the Tycoon.com platform, updating and enhancing content and resources to improve the Tycoon experience.
- Deal with programme related enquiries.
- Work closely with the Head of Programmes to ensure Tycoon is embedded into the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy programme.
- Work with the marketing and communications function to increase reach, uptake and awareness of Tycoon.
- Work closely with the partnerships function to ensure partners and charity ambassadors are made aware of opportunities to support e.g. through digital mentoring and resource content creation.
- Support with content creation.
- Oversee the operational processes of the Tycoon programme, including signing off pupils’ business plans, agreeing T&Cs with schools.
- Work with finance team to ensure funds are administered and Tycoon loans returned.
- Work with Head of Programmes to monitor impact of programmes, tracking progress against an outcomes framework and compiling reports to share with key stakeholders.
- Act as spokesperson for PJF programmes and where appropriate PJF, attending educational events and helping to build a strong network of influencers and advocates across the education landscape.
- Provide support to the Head of Programmes with managing PJF’s network of schools and colleges. This may include support for school visits (some national travel necessary) as well as onboarding of new providers.
- Support with the coordination of the Tycoon Final event.
- Provide support at key PJF events including fundraisers.
Experience and Skills
- 3 -4 years’ experience of working with schools and/or youth groups.
- Experience of designing, delivering, managing and/or reviewing education programmes in schools and/or colleges.
- People person with strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at different levels, including young people, school leaders and senior business leaders.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task and work autonomously.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Managing relationships with individuals.
- Admin and general IT skills including competency and confidence using digital platforms.
- Qualified teacher, ideally in business or vocational qualifications.
- Experience of teaching business studies and/or running work-related learning and enterprise programmes at different levels.
- Curriculum design and delivering training.
- Running quality assurance of programmes.
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise education in the UK.
- Passion and enthusiasm for enterprise and entrepreneurialism and its potential to bring positive economic and social benefits to the UK.
- Impact measurement and reporting.
- Experience of stakeholder management e.g. dealing with sponsors, partners.
- Experience of managing and building networks – alumni or otherwise.
- Experience of working with high profile individuals e.g. celebrities, business leaders, politicians.
Hours: Full time, 5 days per week with flexibility to work from home on agreed days (up to 2 days a week).
Salary: 30,000 per annum
Application deadline: 1st March 2023
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘[Your Name], ‘Programme Officer Application’.
View full Job Description HERE
Role: HEAD of finance
The Head of Finance role is a broad and varied role and is integral to the operations of the Foundation. The Head of Finance ensures sound financial control, financial reporting and compliance with relevant statutory regulations. The role works closely with the Managing Director and other ‘Heads Of’ as well as the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain all day to day accounting records with a high degree of accuracy for 2 Entities
- Accurately code and post supplier invoices
- Post all bank receipts and payments and reconcile all bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare invoices to schools and for all Events and ensure prompt receipt of payment
- Prepare and post all other journals as appropriate
- Oversee staff expenses and ensure prompt payment
- Upload supplier payments to bank and obtain necessary approvals
- Prepare monthly payroll to be sent to payroll bureau
- Reconcile payroll to prior month, explain any variances and update analysis schedules
- Prepare and upload bank payments to employees
- Submit pension payments and ensure payments made in a timely manner
- Prepare payments to HMRC
- Set up new employees on the HR Management system and ensure holidays are correctly recorded and accrued holiday correctly accounted for
- Prepare monthly management accounts ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- Prepare Finance reports for Board of Trustees
- Prepare Cash flow forecast and monitor closely
- Manage relationship with Auditors
- Prepare all audit schedules and backup as requested
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and all associated disclosure notes
- Prepare Financial aspects of the Annual Report and work closely with Marketing to ensure timely sign off of Annual Report
- Work closely with MD to prepare annual budget
- Report of variances to Budget; work with budget holders to ensure budgets are adhered to
- Responsible for all necessary filings at Companies House and Charities Commission
- Code all supplier invoices ensuring VAT coding is accurate
- Code all customer invoices ensuring VAT coding is accurate. Ensure Events prizes are correctly coded
- Prepare Quarterly VAT Return ensuring partial exemption calculation is accurate
- Submit VAT in a timely manner
- Review financial controls and ensure controls are fit for purpose
- Lead Finances at Fundraising Events and ensure all income and expenditure is accurately accounted for
- Review suppliers periodically to ensure value for money
- Work with insurers on annual basis to ensure correct insurance cover is in place
Experience and Skills
- ACA or ACCA fully qualified
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft packages, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and in particular, strong Excel skills
- Prior use of Sage Accounting Software
- Recent experience of being the sole Finance person within an organisation
- Proven experience of overseeing audits and preparation of audited financial statements
- Ability to present at Board of Trustees meetings
- An understanding of Partial VAT Exemption calculations
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Experience in Charities Finance and an understanding of Restricted Funds
Hours: Part time, 4 days per week, minimum 1 day per week in office
Salary: 50,000 per annum (pro-rata) with excellent benefits including: flexible working, company pension and generous holiday
Please submit your application to: email@example.com with the subject title ‘[Your Name], Head of Finance’.
View full Job Description HERE